600GB hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should open notepad and just hold down the A button until there are 100 or so A's on the screen. Then, highlight them all and press CTRL+C, and then press CTRL+V, and continue holding down CTRL+V until there at least 1000 A's. Then, highlight them all and press CTRL+C, and then press CTRL+V, and continue holding down CTRL+V until there at least 10,000 A's. Then, highlight them all and press CTRL+C, and then press CTRL+V, and continue holding down CTRL+V for about an hour or so, you can just put some kind of weight on the keys if you want to get up and do something while the file is expanding. After about an hour of this, the file should much excede 600gb, and then you can go buy another 600gb hard drive and do this all over again. Have fun.

My problem with those bigger drives is that it's a lot more data that you are putting your faith in. Thankfully, I personaly on had 2 hard drives die on me and it was just luck that I was able to move the data off. (Both Drives where Maxtors by the way)

The last drive to die on me was my Maxtor 40Gb, and I remember spending about a day trying to get the data off that thing before in completely died. I would hate to think what 600Gb would be like.

I had the same problem w/ a WD 40gig and my friend has had the same problem w/ his 160 WD. We both lost everything. He is now having the same problem again w/ an 80 WD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom