60% of the internet traffic is P2P

Status
Not open for further replies.
FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
Gimmie a break... Like they don't know... The only reason they're not walking in people's homes and shooting them for pirated material is because music and movie sales are at an all time high.

Ryan
And most of the people that are downloading this sort of stuff does not have the money to pay for the fines for Piracy.

Harper said:
Some thing i found out in the latest PC Authority.

CasheLogic as done some rearch into internet trafic, and they have found that 60% of the internet traffic is P2P Networks.

What is traded via P2P is as follows :-
60% VIDEO
10% MUSIC
30% OTHER

And just alone in Australia, about 55% of internet traffic here is BIT TORRENT related.
(Does not suprise me considering our local tv networks just show cr@p)

It's rather funny considering that i had my sister said the following to me last month :-

I'd like to know just how exactly they figured that out.

I'd say a good part of 80% of my internet usage is TF (I know). Its just that on dialup I can't do bitty or games. My day online consists of E-mail/AIM, TF, maybe a little HardOCP, than i'm done.

Re: Re: Re: 60% of the internet traffic is P2P

diabloII said:
they upload off you

nah, they just check the stats with the tier one and tier two internet backbone providers

Ive been getting about 20-25 dvd's from the library a week, and downloading about 2 gigs per day for a couple of years. Mostly movies, very little music. My DVD collection hit the 3500 mark a few weeks ago. When there's lots of seeds a compressed movie only takes maybe 30-45mins to download, a full DVD about 4-6hrs. Just takes forever to reseed.

Re: Re: 60% of the internet traffic is P2P

FireFox said:
I'd like to know just how exactly they figured that out.
Most traffic on Port 6880 (or what ever out port that uses bit torrent)

ISP know what you are downloading. Even if it's in small bits.

a lot of people use different ports for their torrenting. so an ISP cannot completely block all torrent traffic and one cannot count all bittorrent traffic this way

^^^That doesnt work, bittorrent can use any port above 1024 usually, what they do is just count traffic flow of certain types of packets and make an educated guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom