6+GB Dvd Iso

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie578

In Runtime
Whats up with these DVD ISOs that are well over 4 gb and wont fit onto a DVD+-R? Can "real" DVDs hold more than 4.7GB or something? Where does this extra data come from? I have one that is over 6 gigs and theres nothing to cut out and i dont wanna compress the video.

do i need a special DVD ROM to read dual layer discs? Can DVD players read dual layer discs?

No, but you do need a special DVD writer to WRITE dual layer discs.

All DVD-ROM drives will read dual layer discs

Well it's not really special, it's just that the dvd writer has to be recently made, as older DVD-RW drives may not have the ability to burn dual layer disks.

Beefcake said:
Well it's not really special, it's just that the dvd writer has to be recently made, as older DVD-RW drives may not have the ability to burn dual layer disks.

Special as in a "dual layer" DVD burner. If it is not a dual layer DVD burner, then it can not burn dual layer discs.

If the ISO happens to be a DVD Movie, use some thing like A120% or Deamontools to load the ISO. And then resize the ISO via DVD Shrink.

well, i went thru the trouble of downloading the highest quality i could and i dont wanna degrade the quality (im really anal about this kind of thing). Ill just get my friend to burn the current isos i have since i need the space and ill get a brand new burner eventually, wit litescribe and stuff :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom