57 Pages of Off Topic Junk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the user name AND IP address are banned.

So, if anyone that might get banned will have to log on from another spot other than home.

i was banned and i'm back. i think there is a severity of being banned. like if u were a real badass your ip address is banned. if it was minor, just your account. thats how it works on the other site i'm at.

I'm not sure how this forums policies go, but banning can easily be undone within the VB Admin Control panel (and probably even the Mod Control Panel). I'm also not sure whether their policies indicate that banning goes for both the IP and the username, or just the username (ie. giving the person a chance to start clean under a fresh name). Actually, could someone tell us the policies? Do you have "sentences" of banning for periods of time, and do you ban both IP and username, or just username?

Since a member gets several warnings before being banned, the ban is final. When a banned member comes back with another IP and/or email, it's found out usually because they fall back into the behavior that got them banned in the first place. Hence, the ban is final.

If the banned member were to email the admins, this ban could be lifted or a new account allowed. However, I wouldn't count on that.

Dave :D

Well, that is definitely good to know!

Ohh... and no offense to ya'll out there... junk was the the shortest thing I could think of that ment miscellaneous/off topic discussions.....:p

"I like cake"
"my cat's breath smells like cat food"
"I think my rock has died"
"nice doggie........"

now that's off topic!

if someone's IP is banned, couldn't they get back here if their IP changed? - like on dialup, or unplugging and plugging back in your modem

If the admin feels like it, the entire range can be banned (either through the forum or via .htaccess), or grab a proxy list each day and ban those.

And of course, if that doesn't work, registrations requiring admin preview can be turned on (used only when there's serious trolling going on with >10 members, whether simultaneously or not).

And even if someone comes back under a completely different IP address and email, there's always the potential for one of us to sniff out who that previous member was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom