The 5 Most Ridiculously Awful Computers Ever Made

Status
Not open for further replies.

james.wired

Equator Gringo
This is a funny read, I thought you guys might have a laugh. There are a few naughty words in there but not too many...just a warning.

The 5 Most Ridiculously Awful Computers Ever Made | Cracked.com

Complain all you want about the computer you're using now, about how it's short on RAM and infected with spyware and Windows Vista, but that machine stands on the shoulders of giants. Retarded giants.

What we're trying to say is that in order to get you the machine that functions at the level it does, the PC industry went through many, many horrible designs and ill-conceived products. So you can complain about the cheap Gateway laptop you've been using for five years, but at least it's not...

Anyone have any experience with these products? Share!

I was high tech rolling with the Apple IIe and the Atari 600.

My Dad's friend had the Altair back in the day as well.

Fire was the big thing discovered when i was a kid...

I had a computer with a "TURBO" button, which if you press, it'll make it go from 33mhz, to an extravagant 66mhz.

I remember the Coleco Adam. never had one, but I remember them. I remember the Apple III, as we had one (and only one) in high school. We had one room with Apple II and IIe computers, and the school offered a single class my senior year on computers.

The others I remember reading about but never had the misfortune of encountering.

aliasid said:
I had a computer with a "TURBO" button, which if you press, it'll make it go from 33mhz, to an extravagant 66mhz.
My old Tandy CoCo II had something similar, but it was a POKE command that did it. I don't think it even hit the MHz range, though. What sucked was if I forgot to change the value of the POKEd location back to 0 before I saved my program to the tape drive it recorded it at double speed, thereby effectively rendering it useless. :( I lost several hours of typing on multiple occasions because of that.

On a serious note, I am surpised that they did not put down the Apple Newton. That thing was WAY TOO far ahead for it time.
Same goes to the Apple Bandai Pipp!n. 2 classic exmples where apple has been a little too good.

Calculators were the new thing when I was in High School :D
I used to be so good at working out maths in my head between grades 1 to 6. :)
And then in year 7, they gave me a calculator. :(

Seriously, you do not need a calculator until year 9 maths.

What? No MacBook Wheel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom