5.25 Floppy Inches

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is t-shirt is so funny, I need to tickle myself in order to laugh

LOL, all sexual meaning aside, I still get lots of customers asking for those disks. Haven't they been obsolete for more than 10 years now?

I havent seen a 5.25" floppy drive for 10-15 years. Even the 3.5" floppys are obsolete.

The new thing: USB flash drives!

beedubaya said:
LOL, all sexual meaning aside, I still get lots of customers asking for those disks. Haven't they been obsolete for more than 10 years now?

The last machine I used that had one of those was my old Pentium 90. Other than that, I still have a ton of those disks sitting around in my closet, mainly consisting of old DOS/Windows apps. One of these days, though, I'll have to find a way to extract all that data and put it on a more reliable medium.

And those 3.5-inchers aren't *quite* dead yet. I still find them necessary seeing as my older machines cannot boot from USB devices (includes flash drives).

I still have 5... yes FIVE of those drives and HUNDREDS of those disks. I still have valuable data on them too. All the drives work perfectly. I just need to put together one of my 386/486 PC's and i can get the data off. I still have sticks of 2mb ram!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom