400$ and im not going to prom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although that does suck. I havent gone to a single dance throughout highschool. I'm not going to graduation, I havent done anything that seniors do like going to midevil times, navy pier, submit pictures for senior slide show, senior wills, none of it all because I'm protesting. I dont know what I am protesting but its something.

Yolkz said:
Although that does suck. I havent gone to a single dance throughout highschool. I'm not going to graduation, I havent done anything that seniors do like going to midevil times, navy pier, submit pictures for senior slide show, senior wills, none of it all because I'm protesting. I dont know what I am protesting but its something.
OT~ Yolk rims rock!

Thanx for the condolences guys it means alot. 400 bucks is for my tux, 2 prom ticekts, and a limo. (half off) My school only has about 500 students but were all very close. I called one of my friends and i was crying on the phone and when i got off the phone my call waiting was going crazy cause i guess he told somebody then everybody wanted to see how i was doing and what was going on. Im a senior in high school and i went stag last year cause something (not of this nature) happend w/ me and my ex last year so i didnt get to go w/ her. Ever since i was a sophmore ive been doing everything i can w/ the school cause this is the last few months of a permanent vacation and freedom. Her mom called me about 15 minutes ago and told me what was up. Supposedly she was having extreme pains in the abdominal area (or something or other) and so her mom took her to the ER. According to them (shes been through 2 cat scans tonight) she has apendisitus(sp). I know its not that serious but seriously its still surgery and that kills me. Not to mention shes only 14 and surgery of any kind just freaks me out. I dont know if im still going to prom or not because i dont want to be a huge party pooper for everybody. Sorry Mike about your friend. Did he die, or just have to go to the hospital?

at least its only apendisitus man...i kno its still bad...but at least its not worse!!! best of wish's to her and gettn better soon :)

Proms seem pretty lame to me so I'm bailing on it, I refuse to pay the school money. I havnt even paid for a field trip (but still went heh) or the school yearly fee, **** that.

Prom seems like such a lame *** jock fest which is why I'm not going, I'm looking forward to those *****es bagging my groceries. I'm somewhat of a ******* I suppose, I never mind crushing whoever is in my way thatll get me far I hope.

You're not going to miss anything by missing prom. I was up for Prom King, and I didn't go... It's just a money grab for your student council or whoever puts it on.

As far as the girl goes, I hope she gets better, but remember, diversify your portfolio. **** happens. No use crying. That sure isn't going to help her feel better at a meager 14 years of age. You should step up, be a man, and make her feel like you have total confidence. I mean, it's apendicitis.

Ryan

Thats unfortunate.

Kinda odd, just felt I should add this..
Every year at My HS we have had someone in the school (4 students and 1 teacher and counting) Die.
Freshmen Year, a Senior Drowned in a pond (6 Ft of mud dragged him under)
Soph Year a teacher died of cancer or some odd disease.
Jr year, a Senior Died in a Motorcycle accident
My Senior year a Senior OD on heroine. (First time, Was ok, Second time a few days later, OD Final, some suspect suicide)

And A year before my freshmen Year, a Senior (Who was also my brothers prom date) Died of some Odd Spinal Infection.
Sooo. :/

At first I thought she had gotten into a car accident or something considering you said something along the lines of..."last I knew she was going to the mall with her mom to get prom shoes", and so I immediately thought "car accident".

Anyway, that sucks about the prom.....

Don't even mention money to her....forget about the money...unless she talks about it, then just tell her you don't care about it and that it's no big deal...all that matters is that she's safe, right?

I can only imagine how bummed she must be....try to do something to make it up to her as she'll probably be mad at herself...

Anyway, all will end well, PP. Good luck.

I'm really sorry to hear about your girlfriend, But since its just apendicitis, I'm sure she'll be fine after a few days in recovery :)
You know, since its your senior year; I think you should still go to prom! Since you'll have a limo, maybe you can get a few other friends to go with you so it won't be a total waste. Prom may just be a financial black hole, but its a fun social event! If you go with the premonition that you won't have fun, you won't. But as long as you go to have fun, you will! :D

Better to go and wish you hadn't than to not go and wonder what it would have been like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom