300 the movie, plot distortions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mssssee2

Graphic Designer
Despite the fact that we are taught international history, we know much of the ancient greek one (history/mythology). I believe that 300 had one of the less distorted plots ever, however there some exaggerations that where never truth. Speculated quite and came to a conclusion :

1st) The Ephors. The only truth about the effors in that movie is that they where 5.

Ephors were something like Presidents of Sparta, they where elected each year by the spartan citizens in an open-voting. Citizens were refered to pure people of Sparta
not strangers or slaves, however slaves that were extraordinary brave in battle were rewarded by the name of the resident. Furthermore they could vote or stand for election if they were older than 18.

2nd) The original name ain't "hot gates", but Thermopyles as in Greek which means in Ancient Greek "thermal gates" (like thermal springs, baths or uknown), those who translated it did it obviously from a lexicon with no proper etymology, or it was a more commercial name. According to history, they were a narrow passageway of 6 metres, it was ideal for that battle as to enclose the persian army and being more able to defeat them. Now that passage has widthen really much, about 7Km anyway.

3rd) Spartans used to have more than one wifes, the called slave-women/girls who were their lovers but they never took castody of their children with them

4th) Last but not least, if 300 was a drama story (kinda), the ancient greek drama/tragedy prototype does not allow deaths on stage, however it would be absolutely st*pid to use it at this time.

I'll seek my 1st grade history books which are about ancient worldwide history and notify you if i skipped something.

By the way the movie that I could tell thousands of distortions in the plot is TROY.

I did not critisize the movie, it was awesome, i critisized the plot which was quite exaggerating but not so much like other movies such as TROY and Alexander.

it is one of the more accurate movies of ancient history, though. the things you listed are pretty much moot.

also, #4, wtf? 300 was not a greek drama intended for stage....why would you even suggest that? it was a movie reliant on computer-based FX

This movie was NOT based off of history. It was based off the graphic novel by Frank Miller. So you are right it is not historically accurate. If you really wanted to gripe you would ahev said that really it wasnt 300 Spartans. It was over 1,000 that went. So dont blast a movie that isnt based off history. You are made to look like a fool then. Cause no where in the movie say it was based off a true story or anything like that. So why blast a movie that knows it isnt historically accurate?

This movie was NOT based off of history. It was based off the graphic novel by Frank Miller. So you are right it is not historically accurate. If you really wanted to gripe you would ahev said that really it wasnt 300 Spartans. It was over 1,000 that went. So dont blast a movie that isnt based off history. You are made to look like a fool then. Cause no where in the movie say it was based off a true story or anything like that. So why blast a movie that knows it isnt historically accurate?

Battle of Thermopylae - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Umm... 300 went...

negative

300 is an action flick based off a graphic novel, it's not a documentary. Yes, drama stories of war and others were a major source of entertainment back then, with writers like Homer and others, stories were written out of drama out of real events, and of course some exaggeration to make it more dramatic and interesting distorts the truth.

i thought the spartans were one of the first greek societys to have equa;ity with women, and the one thing i do kno is that leonites never fought in batle but was there oversee the batle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom