Status
Not open for further replies.
Realise that the story this is based on, actually did happen.

300 Spartans really did stand against all those Persians. Estimates are between about 500,000 and 2,500,000 Persians.

Realise that the story this is based on, actually did happen.

300 Spartans really did stand against all those Persians. Estimates are between about 500,000 and 2,500,000 Persians.
Right. Basic historical context. Plenty of fiction in there though. The Persians didn't exactly have any access to strange monsters. Spartan society was pretty idealized in the film as well, which is a a bit strange (I doubt many of us would want to have grown up as a Spartan). The film include how the Spartan solders were free people; in reality they weren't really 'free people'. Who would call a society where all boys are forced into military training from a young age right through adulthood free?

I agree with OTOnly, the plotline was thin and not really developed. It was all battles. Not that those can't be entertaining in their own right, but I would never call it a great movie.

Loved it, thought it was great, the guy that played Xerxes was scary as **** really convincing as a baddy. One of the best movies ever, and I got to see it for free!

Jake

^ thats like saying Moses spread the sea
Why's that?
There's nothing about 300 soldiers standing against a huge army like that which defies the laws of physics.
Right. Basic historical context. Plenty of fiction in there though. The Persians didn't exactly have any access to strange monsters.
I know. That's why I said the story it is based on.

I'm saying that it didnt happen. moses spreading the sea is bull just like 300 spartans fighting and killing that many persians

I'm saying that it didnt happen. moses spreading the sea is bull just like 300 spartans fighting and killing that many persians
We don't know how many persians they killed.

That being said, I do think it is possible they killed a whole lot. The strategy of forcing them through a narrow path makes it plausible. And remember, the spartans were training their whole lives to be soldiers. I don't think the Persians were.

But the simple fact that 300 spartans stood up against all those persians itself is definitely a plausible scenario, even if most of the other things in the movie were false.

If you force that many people through a narrow path it is quite possiable... thats why doors are death traps in the police feild/Millitary... you can send a whole team in through the door.. the guy inside has to cover a 7 foot by 3 foot area while the guy coming through the door has to cover a whole room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom