$30,000! (no, not spam)

Status
Not open for further replies.
if there is no obligation i'd be willing to donate some time.....depends though would i be able to pull out or would that ruin the whole thing? because i just don't know if i would be able to make that long a commitment. my 2x2.6ghz (at the moment for 24/7 use but they run higher when i feel the whim take me) are screaming for a challenge.

you do not have to "dedicate" your machine, it can just run it in the background or you can even turn it off, as long as you have it on a good chunk of the time

also, as the number of machines needed is rapidly decreasing, a new need has emerged; one for programmers. we have a program to do it right now, however it is not exactly what we need

if you are interested in programming, please post/PM/email/AIM me

the real question is though..........HOW CAN WE TRUST YOU!? :freak:

Unless there's a sign up place at that website where you can enter as a group or something there really is no way we are guaranteed that you wouldn't just take the money and fly to the moon!

............or is there!?

actually, thanks for asking that

its impossible to factor this by yourself, the last one (193 digits, 20k prize) took 30 2.8ghz operton years (5 calendar months) and performed by a few different machines. they actually REQUIRE you to put in a group as who factored it, but there is a "leader" section (which would be me, not to sound arrogant or anything though)

also, i really have no way of spending 30,000 dollars... i have no desire to be that greedy and take $30k from other people who helped. honestly, there is no Gurentee, but i am a very honest person.

I am also at risk here, however. What if someone elses machine finds the answer, and they submit it and take the money? i have the same chance as everyone else, but would never take it.... as i am sure they wouldn't either

but basically, i have no reason to steal the money... im not really that poor or anything and i live at home (16 yrs old). The main reason i want to do this is to say that i, along with a team of others, factored one of the largest numbers to date. the only people that have ever wone this are people who do research in their labs and say "hey, lets factor a number since we just study stems all day" and a team of them (past wto have been german scientiests) use the lab equiptment to do this

you can also tell by my "participation" to the forum. i have never been warned or suspended or anything, im very laid back

why should u trust me? because i have to trust you.

EDIT: if you want to look at the RSA "submit a factored number" form, go to the link below

http://www.rsasecurity.com/go/factorization.asp

You ever think of becoming a political leader? :p

Still need people? My computer is on 24/7 and it's a dual core so I can dedicate an entire core and not have a problem.

It'd be nice if this actually happened considering I really need money for school, buuuuuuuuuut if slots are filled then NEVERMIND, cause I can't program crap.

you ever think of becoming a political leader? :p
LOL... i didn't think i was laying it on THAT think... haha

no, we can still use people to run software... we just need more programmers than machines, but we can still use more machines

i updated the first post, so you can check it out (it has payment stuff)

and itd be awesome if you could help, one of our "members" was forced to drop out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom