<3 Canada !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Been here in Whistler over in Canada since Saturday now. It is superb.

To all you Canadians, you're really lucky ! :big_smile: Some things i have realised..

-Your country is beautiful, and i have only seen the tiniest portion of it.

-I have only travelled through Vancouver up to Whistler but you have hugeee houses over here from what i can tell, and they look really nice.

-Vancouver is the nicest/cleanest/most scenic city i have ever visited

-Cars have much bigger engines over here, you may not realize it but just walking down the road is comparatively louder than the UK as you hear all the cars with there beefy engines go by :p

-Theres 20mb broadband 700meters up a mountain. FTW !

-And most of all, Canadians are really really really really nice and polite people :omg: . Maybe it's just whistler, but everywhere i go everyones polite, wishing me a good day, helping me and the family out with anything, people will go out of there way to help you. I have never been to a country where anyone is like this, no offence to anyone but my experience of Germany, Spain, France, Austria and Switzlerland is everyone is much more arrogant and unpolite and very unwelcoming. Coming to whistler i feel extremely welcomed by everyone asif i'd lived here all my life.

-Oh.. and how the UK handles snow compared to over here is really embarrassing.

-If someone told me i didn't have to go back to the UK i wouldn't give it a seconds thought. As soon/if i have the money i'm moving back here ASAP. Can't be doing with the dull depressing country i live in anymore..

I would upload pics from my netbook but FailLinux won't even recognise a SDHC card.

edit:

How could i forget?, i really appreciate the food portions you serve over here.

Drop in down here in the South. The south in the USA, that is. Let us show you some Southern hospitality. If it is any consolation, the females down here love English accents. ;)

Haha, here you'd just get called a pommy everywhere you went :) In a joking way of course, no real insult meant.

But hey, the perks include no cold weather (about 2C is the lowest it ever goes in the middle of winter), clean, lots of space, yeah I'd say friendly, great beaches for the most part, MASSIVE amounts of deserts/grasslands/plains/forests/etc., oh and meat is definitely one of my favourite things about this place.

Coming back from other countries, I realise just how much we eat meat here. It's always really really nice to be able to bbq up a few thick, juicy lamb chops :D mmmmm...now I'm hungry.

Glad you like it Oreo. Having a snow system like ours is pretty mandatory since the average per winter is over 400cm of it.

Cars are bigger simply because of the space we have. 11 million sq. km (counting the islands) and only 34 million people.

Have you went skating yet?

Come over to Toronto if you have the time. We'll get together.

Yea, Vancouver and Whistler are amazing places. If you get a chance go over to Vancouver Island and Victoria. It's really scenic over there too.

Won't have time unfortunately, only here till Saturday.

Been great skiing so far, todays a bit of a disaster though. Cousin had a fight with his sister, she went to kick him and hit his hand which broke his thumb. Sister was going down the slope but then got hit by a snowboarder and landed on her head and blacked out. So she had to get took down the slope on the stretcher, she's alright now though.

Apart from that it's all gooooooood. Just really really dreading coming back to the **** hole i live in :madd:

I've lived in a few cities in my life, and by far the best place i've lived in is Vancouver! I can't say that they're as friendly as oreo will have you believe; but they are polite, and generally mind their own business.. but not in an arrogant type of way.. they're just like that. And yes beautiful, and nice mild weather year round!

VANCOUVER FTW!!!

Well they all seem really nice to me.

Back now, pretty annoyed because my phone's screwed up and won't pick up any signal, and it's telling me the accessory is not supported on the iphone 3gs, Wtf..i don't have anything plugged into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom