2012 = 2011? (What are you're thoughts)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, it would turn in to total anarchy as people just did whatever they wanted.
Morality... Hedonism... I'm good either way.

As long as there was some possibility of survival, i think most people would see it illogical to do that.

People think it's fun to loot, riot and destroy what we have created for a while. But the second it goes to far where they destroy the services they rely on, they will stop and regret it.

Its like the guy says in that film that i have forgot the name of. He basically says only when we are right on the brink about to loose it all do we realize the mistakes made, and improve from there. I'd like to think thats what would happen.

But then i look at recent events in history and i don't have much faith in humanity so perhaps not.

and then...it will be "0.38" away
man this guy is so darn scientific it blows me away!

This kind of stuff has happened again and again throughout history. People exploiting lack of knowledge to gain fame/riches/power/recognition/etc. From 'healing crystals' to 'auras'. It's 100% crap, yet people LOVE to believe it. Because hey it's fun to think that! It's fun to think that yep you know what's going on and you've got superpowers. Reality sucks.

Really...this stuff again? Just by the way guys, there's only one deciphered piece of Mayan text that actually makes reference to the events of the end of their long count calendar - and it doesn't say anything about the end of the world.

EDIT: My thoughts are; Who cares? If the end of the world is impending then so be it. Treat every day as if it's your last and you'll die happy.

EDIT2:
I don't really care, as long as i knew.. Having 1 year left to to live and being able to do whatever the **** i want is quite possibly better than another 60years living in the crappy controlled world we live in at the moment.

In fact that is just what the world needs. A real 99% possibility of human extinction in just a few years. Maybe we'd sort our crap out a bit quicker and prioritize whats actually important and good.

That's wise, I've often thought the same.

I consider myself very spiritual and very much for order, however I am appaled at people's so called views on that subject. full of dogma and doom and no message of hope and enlightenment. all these so called "spiritual experts" miss the mark so much. all they do is scare people into doing what they want instead of telling them what they are doing good.

I'm not worried about it either way. no, I did not follow the link as it is probably the same BS as all the others.

If everything does end I am prepared for that. If it doesn't then I will keep paying my mortgage same as always.

I am an extremely spiritual person (but not in the "groovy and hip" sort of way) and keep abreast of actual spiritual happenings. All I can say is that no man knows the day or the hour.

I'm not worried about it either way. no, I did not follow the link as it is probably the same BS as all the others.

If everything does end I am prepared for that. If it doesn't then I will keep paying my mortgage same as always.

I am an extremely spiritual person (but not in the "groovy and hip" sort of way) and keep abreast of actual spiritual happenings. All I can say is that no man knows the day or the hour.

29th Aug 15:54 ?

And then an asteroid strikes.

homer_doh.jpg

The thing I find funniest is when you get two crackpots in a room who believe different things. Get one to say what he believes and the other (and everyone else in the room) will be stifling laughter wondering *how* a sane person could believe something founded on absolutely no facts or physical realities. Then you get the other crackpot to say what *he* thinks and he'll tell you with a straight face something which also has no foundation in reality, then he'll be genuinely perplexed when you don't believe him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom