2012 = 2011? (What are you're thoughts)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tinfoil hatters do that to get lots of hit to thier websites and drive up ad revenues. they get mad hits from this stuff.

plus the companies that make the prepardness gear make serious bank.

Foil hats get passed round the internet faster than a bong at a woodstock.

No the world is not going to end in 2012, it's based on the Myian calender and I can prity much say that the guys who carved it into stone thought OK that should do for now then knocked off for the day, all the end of the world predictions have failed to come to flurition from that Italian ponce who was in vogue around 2000 Nostradamus who made vague and random predictions to the current crop of 2012 manure it's all came and gone without so much as a hint of validity.

Even if you believed the mayan calendar was accurate, it doesn't say anything about the world ending. It just doesn't go any further.

This, but I would like to know for sure what today's date is on the Mayan Calendar can any one answer that for me? No? Sure? That's because history isn't sure what day it is they can say it's August'ish (well the Mayan equivalent) and even that level of accuracy is iffy because before the Mayan civilization died off they didn't have a chance to fill any one else in any detail on how it worked and what we have been able to figure out could be inaccurate.

Most of this end of the world prediction crap is only seriously believed by the kind of nutter who believes in the spiritual power of Pyramids, Triangles and the healing power of Chrystal energy and that a wheat grass enema is good for you because there Spiritual Guru says so and he once went to inda....

This chart from XKCD say's it better.
View attachment 4855

Attachments

• the_economic_argument.jpg
    the_economic_argument.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 113
I don't really care, as long as i knew.. Having 1 year left to to live and being able to do whatever the **** i want is quite possibly better than another 60years living in the crappy controlled world we live in at the moment.

In fact that is just what the world needs. A real 99% possibility of human extinction in just a few years. Maybe we'd sort our crap out a bit quicker and prioritize whats actually important and good.

In fact that is just what the world needs. A real 99% possibility of human extinction in just a few years. Maybe we'd sort our crap out a bit quicker and prioritize whats actually important and good.
Or, it would turn in to total anarchy as people just did whatever they wanted.
Morality... Hedonism... I'm good either way.

Or, it would turn in to total anarchy as people just did whatever they wanted.
Morality... Hedonism... I'm good either way.

Yea I can get with that train of thought, there would be a lot of settling old scores just like when a regime is falling (Look at Libya), and if a whole sodding species was going out and it's anything like our insane species we would have one **** of a brawl and it would be a brawl no real goals just one last big party doing the thing we do best, hurt each other.

Then again I am a optimist so I hope that if we knew we where going to go out we would go out with at least a shred of dignity, or at least admit we screwed up and hope the next sentient species will do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom