2006 computer engineering disaster of the year award?

Status
Not open for further replies.
cvb724 said:
whats wrong with the zune? i mean i don't have one or know someone who does. I'm just wondering

Viral DRM
Everything to do with Zune marketplace:
Zune points: 79 points for a song. Why? 400 points for $5 is the smallest amount you can buy.
You have to use Zune software. Windows media player isn't compatible. I've heard reports about how it crashes about halfway through and is a general pain in the *** to install/use.
The wifi feature is basically worthless. Share a song so it can be played 3 times. Whoop de ****** doo. You can't even buy songs directly from Zune marketplace via wifi.
Doesn't support podcasts or playsforsure, you have to repurchase songs from Zune marketplace.
Scroll wheel that isn't a scroll wheel.

It's hardly an iPod killer and the initial response to it is hardly what Microsoft expected.

The technology and some of the new ideas are good, but it was very poorly executed.
/rant

i'd have to agree the zune isn't as good as I expected. I played with the one at workbut didn't get to listen to it cause microsoft in their ever evolving wisdom sent no speakers with the display model so it just sits there and looks pretty.

mrscientific13 said:
Hyper threading.

why do you think Hyper threading is not good technology ??? any reason.

A pentium4 with Hyper threading performs better than P4 without Hyper threading at multitasking
So, why don't you think it is a good technology ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom