2000 Over XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcwiz138

Beta member
I just got a windows 2000 install disk because i am making a server.

I have xp now and i cannot install 2000.
I have looked everywhere and nothing tells me about doing this.
I want to know if there is any way i can install windows 2000

Thanks techno nerds

"Nerds Forever"

First off, this isn't off topic discussion, this should go under operating systems and software. Second, are you trying to do? Install 2000 instead of xp or set up both by partitioning? If you could please give me more details, I will gladly help you out.

Ditto. I relate Geek to people that play computers. Nerb play with Dungions And Dragons.

Actually..... what does that make me as I do both (well, Exalted actaully, not DnD)

pcwiz138:
Why don't you back up all your data, re-format your drives and install Win2K from scratch.

Don't take any short cuts on the FDISK or FORMATTING when putting 2k back on. Otherwise, Win Xp will think that you are setting up a DUAL BOOT.
Otherwise, Win 2k might think you are setting up a dual boot. This will just mean that you will have annoying menu asking which OS you want to boot up into.

mikesgroovin said:
So are you saying you're a geek/nerd? Or a Gerd??? or is it a Neek?
I think I would rather to work Neek. I could nearly get away with making Monty Python references there.

Hmm.. this non-off-topic thread, turned off topic for awhile, then back to non-off-topic.. geek evolution at it's basics.

nerds??... hmm i did a big turd today... like a loaf of bread it was!!! Well that is off topic, and it rhymes with nerd...

ok i'll shut up now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom