2000 Mustang sound system help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So can I just do the secondary battery and not worry about the Big 3? Would that still help out a lot?

Oh and where would I put this new battery that would be the best fit, least likely to move around, etc?

And after I got from + to + and - to - I then take the + from the second battery and run that to the amp?

EDIT: Would this battery be enough for my single 1000W amp? I'm just trying to save money wherever possible on this system.
Deka Intimidator 9A34 Battery | Deka Intimidator Battery - Remy Battery

I will second doing the big 3, and try to pass on a cap, the cap is really just a bandaid to the charging system. But on my 97 intrepid, the alt puts out around 90 amps on the alt, powered a Rockford Fosgate 1400RMS, and a cheapo Sony Explode 1200watt. I was pushing 4 Kicker L7's at one point, I HAD to get a second battery because of the run of 0guage wire was a bit to long. But a cap CAN help, but it will only help when you have short bass notes.

Also you are correct, run the current pos wire going to the amp to the second battery, then ground the battery to the car, then run the amp to a seperate ground point, and the pos from the second battery to the amp. Also, what size wires are you using? Don't tell me its a cheapo kit from wally world...

BTW, don't run two runs of wire just to hook that second battery up, it IS wasted money, just make sure the second battery is grounded to the frame, and not some flimsy sheet metal somewhere in the trunk.

I really am not sure what gauge was used for the wiring. It seemed pretty thick, though. Also, since my current amp does not do dual channel at 2ohms, would this amp work for my subs?
New 1000W RMS Ultra Linear Amplifier 2 Channel Amp NR - eBay (item 380110187587 end time Mar-19-09 10:07:42 PDT)

My subs are 450W RMS at 2ohm. I think what I will do is sell current amp, get this new amp, buy and wire the second battery, and call it a day.

I really don't have the knowledge or the time to try the Big 3, so will just adding a second battery help out a lot? Oh and should I take pictures of the wiring so you can see how it is hooked up so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom