1st Cable Guy Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elbatrop1

Memberbot
So, as some of you know or can tell by my sig, I am a cable guy. Just like any job, you come across some funny stories, especially when dealing with customers.

So anyways, all us technicians come back to the office after doing our calls and talk about our day or funny calls, etc.

One of the techs started to tell us about one of his service calls for the day.

He said that he was at a lady's house because she was having problems with her TV reception. He was troubleshooting upstairs and the lady was around. They were talking and she mentioned something about a squirrel that lives in the house that she cant get rid of.

The tech asked her if she had called any exterminators. She said that she had already called in 3 and they just couldnt find/catch the squirrel. He then asked if she had called the city to see if they had any traps that she could use. She said that she had tried traps, but the squirrel is too smart for them. The squirrel apparantly goes into the trap without tripping it and takes the peanuts out. After fooling the trap, the squirrel would dig an 'X' in the carpet outside of the trap just to spite her.

At this point he is thinking that the lady is a little weird, but not crazy...

Now finished looking at the cable equipment upstairs, the tech goes downstairs to look at the cable equipment down there. The lady follows. He is looking at the cable and equipment in the basement when he notices and announces a bad splitter. The lady gets all excited and says, "A bad splitter!? It was that damn squirrel!!! He is always pulling shit like this! Recently he has been stealing my paints as well!" As she starts pointing at a painting. "He has been stealing my paints and is changing the colors of the picture. Last week it was this color here, but now it's this color!!!"

After replacing the splitter, the tech has fixed the reception problem, and decides now is a good time to leave. As he is leaving he notices some writing on the cupboards and food pantries. It says, "Die Squirrel Die!" complete with a skull and crossbones symbol.

As the tech is walking out the door, he is hardly able to control his laughter, so he is smiling as he is walking out the door. A neighbor notices the tech walking out the door and makes the rotating-finger-around-the-ear signifying insanity of the woman, and starts to laugh.

Well, hopefully that is as funny in text as it was when I was being told it in person:D

**** man.. If I was that guy, I wouldn't be laughing. Should just be thankful that he made it out of there lol

afton%20lake%20chipmunk%20350.JPG
Theres a chipmunk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom