12000 laptops lost every month in US airports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Releaselog | RLSLOG.net » 12000 laptops lost every month in US airports

12000 laptops lost every month in US airports

According to the study commissioned by Dell, more than 12,000 laptop computers are lost in U.S. airports every week. That's about 600,000 notebooks per year. What's more, only 33 percent of the laptops found in airports are ever reclaimed. That's not surprising if (as the survey found) 16 percent of business travelers said they would do nothing if they lost their laptops, while 58 percent said they'd contact their companies for advice before they did anything. Just 27 percent said they'd immediately retrace their steps and contact lost and found.

A question for those who said they would do nothing: what do you do when you show up to the big meeting sans laptop? Pretend to type on an invisible computer? Act like you're suffering from amnesia? Seriously, who does “nothing” when they discover their laptop is missing? I know laptops are getting cheap, but this seems like a stunning lack of concern for the whereabouts of a machine worth several hundred dollars at least, and presumably storing important documents, valuable photos and so forth. Of course, Dell is using the startling findings to pitch its new laptop protection and data recovery services, so make of these findings what you will.

Seems like Laptops and Airports are like Umbrellas and Train Station. I guess the next time I am in the an airport, I should just ask lost poperty if any one has been my Black Lanovo ThinkPad or Grey Dell Laptop.

People are just nieve and stupid. Hold your laptop.. thats all you gotta do. Just hold it!
If you need to go to the toilet, find one of the many shops and ask to keep it behind the till for a minute (although some airports wont let you do this incase it's a 'bomb')

You can take laptops with you anywhere in the airport, the only time it has to be out of your hands is at the security checkpoint.

I dont see how hard it is to keep an eye on it, and ive flown out of many airports
and never managed to lose anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom