1080i or p better for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The GPU does not support it, that update allowed it to "upscale" it, which is what you can do with normal DVD's but it still isn't a true 1080p signal.

There all like that, ps3 aswell. Which is why the framerate stays the same whether your 480p, or 1080p.

through HDMI, u can get to 1080p easily n therefore supports it. Who cares?

most Xbox 360 n PS3 games are either native or most likely lower then 1280x720p, which gets upscaled anyways to 1366x768 on all TVs. I've only seen a few projectors that are truely native to 1280x720p.

HD gaming............pfft, HD my butt.

There all like that, ps3 aswell. Which is why the framerate stays the same whether your 480p, or 1080p.

PS3 games can actually be designed for 1080p and put onto the screen without upscaling. I believe Ninja Gaiden Sigma is an example of this, but I haven't really kept up in this department.

PS3 games can actually be designed for 1080p and put onto the screen without upscaling. I believe Ninja Gaiden Sigma is an example of this, but I haven't really kept up in this department.

NG has been confirmed to be 1280x720p native. Read about it on the internetz on this one forum i found, so many ppl talking about native resolutions of Xbox 360 n PS3 games, it's just sad to see so many games having lower then 720p resolution.

The xbox360 does NOT support 1080p but is supposed to support 1080i, another thing, the bigger the tv, the further you have to sit away, or it WILL not matter what the resolution is will look a bit blocky, but only if it is a very large one and your rather close. A smaller one with a 1080 signal won't look blocky at a closer distance.

The Xbox 360 DOES support 1080p. It has since an update that happened over a year ago. Do you even have an Xbox 360? 1080p is even one of the options for video settings and some games even list 1080p as an option. C'mon now, keep up :D Although, most games are made in 720p or 1080i because it is easier and takes a smaller data size for their game disks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom