10 Reasons some people hate Star Trek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Harper I take your point about if you lose a episode in BSG you are hard pushed to understand what is going on. But do we really need a return to story arks that made took far to many episodes to complete?

I saw a old episode of Star Trek today and I thought thank god story writing and costume design have come on since then, I then put my self in the position of some one back when they where first aired and they where ground breaking for the time.

But do we really need a return to story arks that made took far to many episodes to complete?
I order to grab in new fans, yes. Like FarScape or SG1 had a good formula for each season.

Last Season, leave it on a cliff hanger.
However season 2. First episode, finish off the cliff hanger. And then for the next 1/2 season, just lightly touch the metaplot with little reminders here and there to keep the plot driven fans happy. However at the same time, get more fans in. This give them a chance to experience the show with out them saying "I'm lost. WTF is going on here?"
Always do some thing with a mid season finale being minor cliff hanger. And in the usual 3 month mid season break, show repeat episodes. This is so that the new fans that catch up. From there the 2nd half of the season, start really focusing more one the metaplot where the last 2 to 6 episodes of the season just back to back episodes focusing only on the meta plot.

The thing is in the UK and most of Europe I believe we don't have mid season breaks. That is why we get American TV shows a few weeks or months after they have been aired in the US.

In the last episode of BSG we saw the completion of the Baltar trial plot and that threw some fans all over the shop. But we where left with a cliff hanger of the Galactica losing power like the rest of the fleet and we discovered who 4 of the final 5 are (I am not sure about star buck), then we see the Galactica about to go toe to toe with 4 base stars. Lots of things to keep any fan even a casual fan interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom