1.5 TB hard drive for $67 @ Dell.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronkupen

Fully Optimized
I was wondering if anyone else in here got in on the deal that dell was having.

Simpletech hard drives, (1.5 TB) ones were mistakenly priced at $67 dollars on the day of the super bowl, with a free shipping offer if more than one was purcahsed.

I bought three myself, and a neighbor bought four. Did anyone else in here get in on the action, and if so what is your status right now with the hard drives?

As far as I know, everyone else has received a "We screwed up but you still can't have it" email.

The key for me was calling after I got the cancellation email. They told me that they would still honor my order, but it was delayed because they ran out of stock. They already put more orders into the manufacturer, so I think there's a good chance I will get mine.

Calling made the difference, they are probably weeding out the people who feel it will be a waste of their time to call.

Calling made the difference, they are probably weeding out the people who feel it will be a waste of their time to call.

I think you're exactly right. I think they still have to technically honor that price legally. It's not much different than a store having the wrong price tag posted--that price still has to be valid. They're just trying to weed out some of the opportunists.

This is John at Dell headquarters.

I would actually be surprised if any of these orders were honored. You can read in the ToS on the Dell website here:

"Dell is not responsible for pricing, typographical, or other errors, in any offer by Dell and reserves the right to cancel any orders resulting from such errors."

Most online sales companies have stipulations like this written into their terms of sale. It prevents mishaps like a disgruntled employee in the website department making a series of convenient "typos" before leaving to try and sell his employer's farm.

It's obviously a mistake, not a "great deal", if you will.

John
Dell Customer Advocate

This is John at Dell headquarters.

I would actually be surprised if any of these orders were honored. You can read in the ToS on the Dell website here:

"Dell is not responsible for pricing, typographical, or other errors, in any offer by Dell and reserves the right to cancel any orders resulting from such errors."

Most online sales companies have stipulations like this written into their terms of sale. It prevents mishaps like a disgruntled employee in the website department making a series of convenient "typos" before leaving to try and sell his employer's farm.

It's obviously a mistake, not a "great deal", if you will.

John
Dell Customer Advocate

lmao this kid like is a dell worker trying to get them out of selling the hardrive

lmao this kid like is a dell worker trying to get them out of selling the hardrive

Actually, this adult is a Dell representative paid to provide a service to the online community. Normally I help with technical issues online, but in this case, I am just passing along some information to your forum.

In general, when a company sells a lot of merchandise via a website, the company protects itself from blatant pricing abuse by its employees using stipulations such as the one I previously quoted. I wanted to pass the information along to your community so they know of the stipulations existence, and know that it's perfectly legal for Dell to cancel orders such as these.

If that means I have to don asbestos underwear when passing this info along to you guys, so be it.

John
Dell Customer Advocate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom