PCMCIA mess - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Tips, Tricks and FAQ
Closed Thread
Old 10-17-2004, 03:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default PCMCIA mess

I have a Dell Dimension 4600. lots of CPU and RAM. Installed two different PCMCIA to PCI adapters so that I can use a Sprint Connection Card on the machine. I want to take it with me in my RV for the next month working on the road. Has been a nightmare. I get the Dreaded Error code 12. Not enough resources. Cannot find what resources are in the way. Mostly says no conflict or not available. The latest reader is the TI one that says it is for the Merlin product-what I have. Anyone else ever tried to to do this? Any help at all??? Thanks!

Old 10-19-2004, 08:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Well, this is the final installment. I spent lots of quality time with some very nice techs from the folks I bought the PCMCIA card with. they had me update the BIOS and look at some FAQ's and stuff. Bottom line NO ONE, from Sprint or Novatel or the maker of the PCMCIA to PCI adapter have any idea why it will not work for me. I am sending it back. If I ever find a way to make this happen I will post it. rats!

Old 11-12-2004, 09:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I finally go this thing to work. bought a Card bus reader from Elan and it still was giving me the Error code 12. Sent the nice folks at Teamsolutions an email and they called me on the phone and said "we can fix it!" Turned out they had identified the need for an updated INF file over a year ago but Novatel-maker of the card-has no interest in telling folks this. Card works fine on a laptop but needs the new INF file to work on a PCMCIA to PCI adapter. Installed the file and deleted the one from Novatel and it works! Now I can load the PC into my RV and take it all with me. go team! PG
Old 11-16-2004, 12:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Thats the kind of support we get nowdays.Thats why these sites are so good to have around dosnt always work but it helps quite often.
Closed Thread