New PC broken, 3:d time... - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Tips, Tricks and FAQ
Closed Thread
Old 03-02-2005, 06:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default ATI X800XT problem?

Hi there!
I am new to this forum, noticed that there seem to be people with much knowledge here.
I am in desperate need of help. In septemer 2004 i got my new PC. Its from Fujitsu-Siemens Scaleo 800 (3.2 GHz, 1G RAM, 250 G HD). (BTW, I am not very good with computers as u might notice from this posting). In december the computer broke down and wouldnt start at all. I sent it in for repair. it came back. still didnt work though they said they had changed the motherboard. I sent it back and this time it came back just a couple of days ago. It worked fine at first (the papers said they had adjusted the CPU cooler). A couple of hours ago it just froze, and i tried rebooting. Now the computer starts up but i get no signal to the screen, and cant do anything. It doesnt seem to boot. Can there b something wrong with my graphics card? Can all these previos problems b related to this new problem?

The only video output i have on my computer is from the graphic card (ATI X800XT, 256Mb), so i cant remove it and try booting without it.

I´m very grateful if someone can help me with this, its getting a bit annoying just sending the computer back and forth to the repair guys....

If there is some info u might need ill try my best providing it.

Thank you in advance,

Regards, Per

Old 03-04-2005, 09:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS

Since it's under warranty, send it back tell them it still doesnt work.

Old 03-04-2005, 11:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie
Send a message via AIM to bigstanklo

And this time give 'em hell so they fix it right!
Closed Thread