Help with starting new build pc - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Tips, Tricks and FAQ
Closed Thread
Old 12-31-2004, 05:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Help with starting new build pc

Hi there i have just put together my uprated PC which is basically a new motherboard and chip and ram.

I installed everything into my case plugged all my drives in in the same order as on my previous motherboard and pressed the start button and was thinking that it would be a miracle if it all worked and lo and behold it didn't.

It comes up with a blue error screen :

Its quite long but basically says if first time then restatr if not check for virus remove HDD controllers etc and technical info : stop:0x0000007b (0xF99A4640,Oxc0000034, 0x00000000,ox00000000,)

My details are

MOBO : ASRock P4i656V
CPU: P4 3.2ghz
RAM: 256mb kingston
HDD: seagate 7200rpm 60gb
Windows XP

Any help or guidance appreciated !

Old 01-01-2005, 09:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie

Ok, i never heard of that Mobo. Nor can i find any information on it. All i seen was it sold for 60$ i think. But this site was not english. Since it used the $ sign rather then the pounds sign. Then i think its american loot.

If it is, i know no mobo for 60$ will accept a 3.4ghz processor. So i think your mobo wont accept a processor that fast. And you might have the wrong RAM.

Finished With TF.
Old 01-02-2005, 06:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie

Hi there
I've heard of asrock mobos, i think the model you have must be P4i65GV though, not P4i656V!

The problem is, it sounds like you haven't done a fresh install of XP after you replaced the mobo etc. XP STOP error 0x0000007b means that the boot device (primary hard drive) is inaccessible.

First to do though is to check the BIOS settings and make sure that it has recognised your hard drive correctly. The drive must be set as the primary master. If its on the secondary channel, plug the ribbon cable into the other port. If it's set as a slave, check the jumper settings on the HDD & make sure HDD is at the end of the ribbon cable.

If all this checks out, try booting XP in safe mode and let it install the new mobo drivers. This may or may work. You will probably have to format the driver and do a fresh install instead.

If you still have problems, try reading the mobo manual or checking out asrocks website ( for any issues with XP
Closed Thread