Hard-drive Help... - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Tips, Tricks and FAQ
Closed Thread
Old 09-28-2004, 07:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via AIM to BBLineBacker81 Send a message via Yahoo to BBLineBacker81
Default Hard-drive Help...

I am in dire need for help.
I believe that my hard-drive kicked the bucket. It's an 80 gig, 7200 RPM Maxtor. I want to test it in another chassis, but I don't want my un-plugging of my friends hard-drive to mess his up. Will it hurt my friends HD if I were to unplug his and plug mine in to test mine? And if not, when I plug his back in will it automatically be just the same as it was before or will I have to go into BIOS to set it back to his HD? Any help is GREATLY appreciated, if I don't figure it out soon then I am going to be in deep... College is not the place for this to happen. Thanks again everyone.

Old 09-28-2004, 08:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

It shouldn't hurt anything to swap hard drives. You shouldn't have to configure your BIOS either. It should just automatically set it up. And when you swap them back, everything should be back to normal.

Old 10-14-2004, 07:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

set yours to slave, put it in with his

it is guarentee to boot then (off his of course), and you shold be able to access your files
Closed Thread