Asus 52x32x24x CDRW - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Tips, Tricks and FAQ
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 04:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Asus 52x32x24x CDRW

I have got Asus CDRW 52x32x24x it can read and write both CD but when I insert DVD it shows that there is not anything in drive can anyone help me. I have already installed Asus DVD player which was with CDRW.
Thanks,
love

Old 01-07-2005, 01:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie

Is it a DVD player?

Old 01-07-2005, 03:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie

I don't think that is a DVD player..It is 52(read) X 32(write) X 24(rewrite) normally dvd readers will say 16X dvd read
Old 01-08-2005, 11:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master Techie

Athlough, he said he installed the DVD Program witch came with his drive. So he must have a combo drive. Im guessing you dident install everything currectly. I cant tell you of hand whats going to fix your problem, so im just going to suggest an idea.

I would try Uninstalling everything, and then doing it over. Make sure you read your manual, and go by its steps. Sometimes when you install things in a different order, your system freaks. So this may help.
Old 01-10-2005, 03:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Thanks for ASUS %2x48x32x

I have got Asus CDRW 52x32x24x it can read and write both CD but when I insert DVD it shows that there is not anything in drive can anyone help me. I have already installed Asus DVD player which was with CDRW.
I posted this topic and I get the answer that may be it is combo, can anybody may explain what is combo system.
thanks for the answer all the friends.
may be it is not a DVD player.
Thanks,
love
Old 01-11-2005, 12:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Techie

A combo drive is a single drive but it can read DVDs AND burn CDs. (NB, it will not however burn DVDs).
Just because DVD player software came with the writer, doesn't necessarily mean that the drive is actually capable of playing DVDs!
If the drive didn't come with a book, try looking on the software CD for a manual or user guide. If there is one, it should tell you whether or not DVDs are supported. (check model no. of drive against the one listed in the manual though, in case you've been given the wrong CD)

Closed Thread