Networking Quiz #36: Access List Translation

Would you be interested in a Biometric Encryption System, with RAID?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesgroovin

HONK if you route packets
In a subnetting access list, masks translate to words. In saying this, which word does this mask translate to: 255.255.255.255

Answer: B - any

Cisco allows use of the word any to replace 255.255.255.255 in an access list. The word host can be used to replace 0.0.0.0.

I don't understand the whole point of networking quizes here... there's definitely nothing tricky in networking, the only thing you need to do is take classes and memorize. the questions posted here are really basic and useless to anyone who knows networking and scary to those who don't. like... nobody ever heard of or need to worry about the translation of accesslist numbers UNLESS he takes CISCO class and wants to pass the exam. if you're not a CISCO student, then you don't have to look up for the answer to this question; if you are a CISCO student, then it's 100% you know it. So what's the point of this kinda quizes here?

Harold III said:
I don't understand the whole point of networking quizes here... there's definitely nothing tricky in networking, the only thing you need to do is take classes and memorize.

configuration and implementation of a network is a *****!!! Especially when working with cisco devices. I have taken and passed the CCNA classes 1-4, but haven't taken the cert exam. I like to be refreshed by trying to answer the questions provided. Otherwise, I'll prolly forget all the crap I learned. Keep em coming Mike!

Harold III said:
I don't understand the whole point of networking quizes here... there's definitely nothing tricky in networking, the only thing you need to do is take classes and memorize. the questions posted here are really basic and useless to anyone who knows networking and scary to those who don't. like... nobody ever heard of or need to worry about the translation of accesslist numbers UNLESS he takes CISCO class and wants to pass the exam. if you're not a CISCO student, then you don't have to look up for the answer to this question; if you are a CISCO student, then it's 100% you know it. So what's the point of this kinda quizes here?

Well, thats unfortunate.....
The entire point of the quizzes on this site is quite trivial.....
My goal is 3 fold:

1) I want this site to be more informative given the resorces that I have.

2) I want to attract more members to this site for informational purposes and for new/fresh/exciting resources.

3) How many other forum related sites allow the opportunity for a member to interact with other MODs and members...other than answering questions concerning problems with software/hardware?

I not only want to attract new members but I also want to keep the existing members coming back!

You are entitled to your own opinion.......and I respect that. But, frankly, I do this for free and if you don't like it......then don't participate....plain and simple.

You can always PM me as you have in the past....I'm usually pretty busy but I do love to hear feedback from everyone! Calling it useless???? That's a low blow man.......but, it won't affect me or the quizzes that I will put up in the future.

And I'm very excited about having jaksback helping me put out more quizzes for everyone!

Harold III said:
If you are a CISCO student, then it's 100% you know it.

BTW....did you answer the question?
I can already tell you that if you did......you were incorrect in your answer. If you are/were a CISCO student, then you may want to consider bumping that percentage down to 95%.....just a suggesstion.

-Mike

The mask of all 255s (all 1s) means that the destination address of the packet to be routed must exactly match the network address in order for this route to be used. For another example, if the network address 172.20.232.0 has a netmask of 255.255.255.0, then the first three octets must match exactly, but the last octet need not match.

TheMajor said:
The mask of all 255s (all 1s) means that the destination address of the packet to be routed must exactly match the network address in order for this route to be used. For another example, if the network address 172.20.232.0 has a netmask of 255.255.255.0, then the first three octets must match exactly, but the last octet need not match.

if the mask is filled with all one's then the destination address will be passed through. I answered host.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom