Network + Quiz #5 - Network Authentication

What do you think of these speakers?

• AWESOME!!! I wanna get a set too!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Its kinda kool, whered you buy them again?

• I dont really like them

• Worst speakers ive ever seen, duh

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesgroovin

HONK if you route packets
Network + Quiz #5

Which of the following authentication systems uses tickets as part of the authentication process?

Answer: B - Kerberos

Explanation: HTTPS is coupled with SSL and doesn't use tickets. (kinda scary, eh????) SSL doesn't use tickets and POP3 is just an email retrieval protocol. Kerberos is a network auth protocol developed by our friends at MIT. It uses a strong cryptography, even on a LAN. Last I heard, it was still free to try from MIT. They really bust on firewalls because firewall manufs assume that people on the inside of the firewall aren't the data-miners! LOL.
They're right for the most part!

***NOTE***
Please DO NOT post the answer in this thread as other users may wish to have the same opportunity to answer the question. The poll will be closed in 2 days and the answer may be discussed after the poll has been closed.

Any post containing any answer (correct or incorrect) or a hint toward the answer will be removed.

Thanks!

-Mike

Hmmm.... I guess i eluminated the ones I knew.... so one left out, and I chose it =)

I shall, I shall....nowadays people need to know how Authentication REALLY works!

-Mike

Did anyone actually know what Kerberos was?

LOL...kidding.....sort of....

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom