two network one pc...help needed..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ismail

Beta member
Hello...
i recently joined this company..it has 40 pcs in workgroup one DSL modem all are static ip....

ip address range is 221.221.221.x (IT is difficult to change ip address range at this moment)
there is no proplem..for the last 15 years....

2 months before new business unit with 6 user has joined with our network..new dsl modem has been connected with our LAN..dhcp enabled and ip address range is 192.167.1.x (because they dont want static ip address)

still i have no problem...it is going on..well....

now how can i use a printer which is installed in PC AA (IP addr is 221.221.221.141) from pc whose ip address range is 192.167.1.x
kindly help me...

Regards
ismail

Can you PING one network to another? How are these devices connected? Are they all behind the same firewall, or are the firewalls connected in a way? I need more information about how your network is configured. Try pinging each devices.. If you can't there are settings in business class routers that will allow traffic to pass between your different networks..
Also configured on why you have them separated to begin with.. Just let me know and I can help you out.

First question, did you join the IT dept in the company? It isn't very clear from your post. If you aren't in the IT dept, I woudl HIGHLY suggest that you seek assistance from them BEFORE you attepmt to make any sort of changes yourself. Many companies frown HIGHLY upon that kind of thing. I wouldn't want you to take someones advice, and end up losing your job over it... That being said lets move on....

As requested, please give more information about the network topology for this issue. There is 1 of 2 scenario's likely here....

You have 2 SEPARATE networks, each with its own DSL connection and its own IP block.
or
You have 1 network which uses 2 DSL connections, and 2 different IP blocks.

Please specify

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom