Connecting a device using a voice modem? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Internet > Computer Networking and Internet Hardware > Networking Tips, Tricks & FAQ
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 09:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Connecting a device using a voice modem?

I have a digital printer scale that is used to weight and label small food items. I've tried to connect this scale to the pc in the hope of programming a stock system that will keep stock for me when an item is weighed in and out. The only two connectios it has is a normal phone jack similar to the on that plugs into a voice modem and a round RS232 connection that i've never before seen on a pc. Is there any good way of getting the computer to talk to the printer or atleast just listen to what the scale sends beck.Excuse me if this sounds ignorant but the last time i used a voice modem was +-7 years ago when we dialled up to the internet over the phone lines.Thanks in advanceClintonB