Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
hello guys, i am trying to use zonealarm on my pc and i cant get it to work :(
please help

how do i add programs e.g. google talk to zonealarm

i have got zonealarm activated,
when i start google talk, it wont give me the zonealam security alert to add googletalk to the trusted program list

also when i try to connect to the net sing my adsl connection, i get the message "fiefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.virgin.net", does this mean i have to add my fave sites to some dictionary in zonealarm before i can access them, or do i need to add an address and port to the firewall settings
at the moment my firewall says that it has
realtek rtl8139 internet zone
bluetooth PAN network internet zone
windows mobile-based devie internet zone
wan interface internet zone
loopback adapter trusted zone
skype trusted zone
xda exec trusted zone

just discovered that i cant get firefox to work with zone alarm but internet explorer works fine?

is there some setting that i need to tweak to get firefox to work with zone alarm?

wow... you have a crazy set-up... but you don't need to add any kind of site, just make sure firefox isn't being blocked.

personally, i LOVE zonealarm. i want to marry it... but... it crashes my internet too :(

i regretfully uninstalled it and now my internet works fine.

Also, I really like google talk, which caused problems with zonealarm too.

I use zonealarm with fiefox and i have never had any problems what so ever, cant think of any reason why you would either!?

tommyboy123x said:
wow... you have a crazy set-up... but you don't need to add any kind of site, just make sure firefox isn't being blocked.

personally, i LOVE zonealarm. i want to marry it... but... it crashes my internet too :(

i regretfully uninstalled it and now my internet works fine.

Also, I really like google talk, which caused problems with zonealarm too.
I use ZoneAlarm Pro with Web Filtering, which I've been using for years and it works perfectly on my computer and my internet connection, I'm on dialup though :beard:

i believe it has something to do with all of the strange software i have though... not so much zonealarms fault.....

also, i had to unattatch myself because it doesn't work with vista/x64 :(

sorry for the late reply.

Go to Firewall, program control, look for firefox, right-click on it, and click "super". It will give you a warning, just ignore it.

thanks for the reply

i got firefox going, however when i right clicked on firefox, i get the options

remove
add program

can you tell me what the difference bertween
access trusted
access internet
server trusted
server internet

is ?

just make sure they are all checked.

Access trusted means it's allowed to access your computer's network.
Access internet means it's allowed to access the internet.

Server trusted --- ?
Server internet ---- ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom