ZA Internet Security Suite

Status
Not open for further replies.

cliffhucker

In Runtime
I was using Narton AV 2001 and loved it, but they no longer support it or allow new update subscriptions so I had to switch my virus protection.
I have tried Norton 2003 and 2005 but they both were ridiculous resource hogs as compared to NAV 2001.
I tried AVG free and liked it but did not like that there is no user control of updates and scans (automatic).
I have been using ZoneAlarmPro for a few years and love it so I downloaded a trial of ZA Internet Security Suite. It seemed to use less resources than running ZAPro with a stand alone AntiVirus program (NAV or AVG) and the upgrade is not to pricey.
I dont use the IM control or parental controls but the Privacy controls are sweet especially the all inclusive cache cleaner.
BUT, I have not heard many things about its effectiveness!
Is there a way to test it safely???
Does it run in the backround like NAV or AVG do and catch things coming in?

Cheers

Zonealarm Security Suite uses the EZ antivirus which currently is testing well below the likes of KAV,F-secure and BitDefender.It's detection rates aren't very good right now mainly because of missed Trojans.I'm not saying you're gonna get infected using zonealarm, but you obviously don't mind paying for a better AV and there are products like the ones i mentioned above that will protect you better.

zone alarm is a pretty good antivirus, i dont use it because im on wireless, and dont need a firewall.

i love it, and i am glad to recommend it!

Umm, DON'T rely on Zonealarm to be your antivirus..It's more of a firewall. I suggest getting Bitdefender, Nod32, or Kaspersky---all have high detection rates and low resources.

Curious Talldude.How come you don't need a soft firewall.And if you don't use zonealarm, how do you know it's good?.One part of the question says " Haven't heard many things about it's effectiveness".That's because it's not one of the better AV on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom