A Yes/No Box at XP Welcome screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
disable one program from msconfig, restart, if it pops up reenable it, and do another
that should isolate the problem
oh yea, if you are too "scare" about disabling the A/V, unplug the ethernet cable and do the steps...

By the way, you didn't answer my question :p . But given your response I'm assuming it's not legit.

Has it been successfully activated?

Also, have you used any Windows Genuine Advantage or activation cracks?

Yep its cracked. It started out as a legit version of XP Home purchased from Walmart. But Microsoft puts that limit on how many times you can reinstall the software so I called up the MS tech support and spoke with a guy from India I believe, and said to me he couldn't reactivate it and that I have to buy a new copy and have a nice day and hung up????

And Microsoft wonders why there's so much piracy going around with their software.:amazed:

Id perfrom a repair

I thought about that but I just reformatted this laptop 2 weeks ago.

Hello,

This is a common issue with illegal installations of Windows XP which have been cracked.

I tested a crack on an Windows XP machine I have at home once before, and the same happened (the blank yes/no box at startup). While selecting Yes worked at the beginning, eventually no matter what button was pressed, it would login to the account, but then log directly out of it back into the welcome screen.

Formatting and re-installing XP will be a short term fix, but unless a working crack is used, then you are going to have to purchase a legal copy with a product key.

Hello,

This is a common issue with illegal installations of Windows XP which have been cracked.

I tested a crack on an Windows XP machine I have at home once before, and the same happened (the blank yes/no box at startup). While selecting Yes worked at the beginning, eventually no matter what button was pressed, it would login to the account, but then log directly out of it back into the welcome screen.

Formatting and re-installing XP will be a short term fix, but unless a working crack is used, then you are going to have to purchase a legal copy with a product key.

Hmmmm... that sucks. This really burns me. $100 I paid for a legal copy of XP home only to have a stupid install limit. I wish I could be like Bill Gates and just swindle people out of their money. Then I can buy me a friggin yacht and sail the agean sea or something lol

Guess I'm gonna have to play pirate again because I ain't spendin no **** $100 again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom