Yall know this? & AVG fp...

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomic tofu

Fully Optimized
I was checking my avg settings and noticed the vault had some things in it...so I checked. AVG mentions some obfustat infection...not entirely sure what this obfustat is, but it has many file extension permutations when researching on the net.

AVG seems to be the only anti-v out there that reports this FP obfustat...they said they fixed it but not sure.

---- cut and paste from a place I use (the part I ask "yall know this" referring to the site)

Service load: 0% 100%

File: fr-034_time_index.zip
MD5: b1547d7c1f0509408ef5fb7da7d7bf6c
Packers detected: -
Bit9 reports: File not found

Scanner results
Scan taken on 03 Aug 2007 15:16:15 (GMT)
A-Squared Found nothing
AntiVir Found nothing
ArcaVir Found nothing
Avast Found nothing
AVG Antivirus Found Obfustat.DKD
BitDefender Found nothing
ClamAV Found nothing
CPsecure Found nothing
Dr.Web Found nothing
F-Prot Antivirus Found nothing
F-Secure Anti-Virus Found nothing
Fortinet Found nothing
Kaspersky Anti-Virus Found nothing
NOD32 Found nothing
Norman Virus Control Found nothing
Panda Antivirus Found nothing
Rising Antivirus Found nothing
Sophos Antivirus Found nothing
VirusBuster Found nothing
VBA32 Found nothing

----

while you're at it, you can look up the file I have there to see what it is...if you get a search hit for it ;)

here you go :D
Live Search: fr-034_time_index.zip

I was checking my avg settings and noticed the vault had some things in it...so I checked. AVG mentions some obfustat infection...not entirely sure what this obfustat is, but it has many file extension permutations when researching on the net.

AVG seems to be the only anti-v out there that reports this FP obfustat...they said they fixed it but not sure.

---- cut and paste from a place I use (the part I ask "yall know this" referring to the site)

Service load: 0% 100%

File: fr-034_time_index.zip
MD5: b1547d7c1f0509408ef5fb7da7d7bf6c
Packers detected: -
Bit9 reports: File not found

Scanner results
Scan taken on 03 Aug 2007 15:16:15 (GMT)
A-Squared Found nothing
AntiVir Found nothing
ArcaVir Found nothing
Avast Found nothing
AVG Antivirus Found Obfustat.DKD
BitDefender Found nothing
ClamAV Found nothing
CPsecure Found nothing
Dr.Web Found nothing
F-Prot Antivirus Found nothing
F-Secure Anti-Virus Found nothing
Fortinet Found nothing
Kaspersky Anti-Virus Found nothing
NOD32 Found nothing
Norman Virus Control Found nothing
Panda Antivirus Found nothing
Rising Antivirus Found nothing
Sophos Antivirus Found nothing
VirusBuster Found nothing
VBA32 Found nothing

----

while you're at it, you can look up the file I have there to see what it is...if you get a search hit for it ;)

here you go :D
Live Search: fr-034_time_index.zip

I'm running into the same only with the "fr-034.exe" which I've had on my computer for about 2-3 years now. I'm pretty sure this is a false positive as both the zip you mention and the exe that I have here are demo's that were created using the werkkzeug "demo/intro" creation program created by the boys behind Farbrausch (http://www.farbrausch.de) I know that depending on the version of werkkzeug used for the demo/intro there are different forms of executable compression algorithms being used to make the exe's as small as possible (FR is known for the amazing 3D work in their 64K demos.)

I'm assuming that this false positive is thanks to the new AVG update I just installed this morning on my returning to work from vacation.

After a little more research I found mention of the compression mechanic's causing a false positive on the tool set's webpage here, though that was about a year ago.

I'm running into this same problem with AVG. In addition to fr-34.exe, I get a obfustat.FBR error with the setup.exe for Cygwin-X from Cygwin/X and I'm sure its the same deal.

why dont you try kasperskry anti virus 30 day trail, n unstall n install after the trail. it found a 101 while avg only found 1 which was kernal 32 which wasnt a problem.

looks like it was already scanned with kaspersky and tons of other virus scanners, seems to be a false positive by avg.

you probably know more about the file than we do, did you download something?

regardless, I wouldn't worry too much, maybe post this in the grisoft forums or email them about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom