Yahoo Messenger Pop - Up. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiggerspook

Beta member
Hello folks, I'm a new member and not extremely tech savy, so I'm hoping some of the experts here can help solve my problem. I have a Yahoo messenger message that pops up everytime I log into my Yahoo mail, that asks me to become a contact for a person, whom I don't know. I never use Yahoo Messenger, so I was very leary of the request and tried to get rid of it without clicking on the actual pop up, but I couldn't figure out a way to do that since right clicking on the pop up didn't give me a delete or close option and going into task manager was no help since I can never tell what programs the cryptic process codes are associated with.
I've also noticed that tab at the top of my task bar cycles between yahoo welcome and the title of the pop up message when I am in yahoo mail and the pop up is present.
I ran a scan of my entire PC using my Sophos protection which found nothing on my PC, and downloaded Malwarebytes and did an additional scan with it, which found a few infected files but, after removing them I still have the problem. Attached is a screen shot of Yahoo with the pop up outlined in red.
I haven't noticed any odd performance issues with the computer, but the pop up arrived a couple of days ago, and I'm concerned that it may be slowly damaging my system.
photostream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom