XP Total Security Virus - urgent!

King$nake

In Runtime
Hello, I am posting on this forum because I can't even do a simple google search on the virus! Every time I do a google search, each one of search result links are just redirects. I have attempted to run MBAM but it will not start. I have attempted to run in safe mode but the virus is still appearing in safe mode, and I am unable to do a system restore.

How do I remove this virus? It's called XP Total Security 2011, its driving me nuts! Windows Defender cant update the definitions because I believe this virus is blocking that as well

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks
Joe

Ok thank you very much for your help. I am at the point know where I believe the virus has been removed...however I noticed I am still getting a browser hijack issue, meaning when searching via Google, I click on any of the results and it is redirecting me to a different page. What is the best way to correct this?

Thanks
Joe

Have you run MBAM and ComboFix? I would do that to make sure that all infections are gone.

Yes, I have ran MBAM multiple times, each time it is finding more infections. Should I keep running the scan over and over?? Never heard of combofix, will look into that

Do the steps while in safe mode. Boot into safe mode, run rkill, run combofix (save the log), run MBAM (save the log). Once all that is finished come back here and post the logs.

I am having the same issues. I will have to borrow another computer tomorrow to try downloading the rkill. The XP Total Security was popping up for me. Now it has stopped, but it won't let me open anything on my desktop, including AVG and MBAM. I am not totally computer virus savvy. A friend has tried to talk me through, and if I remember correctly, I'm not even sure I can get into Safe Mode.

In order for me to get Firefox to open up, I have to go into My Computer, then select one of the websites from Favorites.

I am having the same issues. I will have to borrow another computer tomorrow to try downloading the rkill. The XP Total Security was popping up for me. Now it has stopped, but it won't let me open anything on my desktop, including AVG and MBAM. I am not totally computer virus savvy. A friend has tried to talk me through, and if I remember correctly, I'm not even sure I can get into Safe Mode.

In order for me to get Firefox to open up, I have to go into My Computer, then select one of the websites from Favorites.

As the computer boots up start tapping the F8 key. It should give you a black screen with several options. Choose Safe Mode at the top.

I can get to the safe mode options screen. then when i select safe mood, it'll run some screen, and just goes back to safe mode options screen. it does this for all safe mode options (w/ networking/command prompt).

milicanturtle:1902100 said:
I can get to the safe mode options screen. then when i select safe mood, it'll run some screen, and just goes back to safe mode options screen. it does this for all safe mode options (w/ networking/command prompt).

Do you have a XP CD? Of so you can try a restore point or even a repair. Since you cant get into Safe Mode.

Posted from a Samsung Galaxy Tablet using the Tech-Forums App

Back
Top Bottom