XP keeps automatically logging me out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junglist_select

Beta member
Right, am running Windows XP Home Edition, can load up to the log in screen where I choose my log in name. Type in password, my desktop flashes up for a second at the most then I get the logging off screen and it returns me to the log in screen again. This is the same for all users. Tried to enter in safe mode and the same happens. Have been told this could be the Sasser virus, but not sure?? Really need to get this sorted without having to reformat the hard drive as I have files I cannot afford to lose. Also, I have very little computer knowledge so try to make it easy for me to understand please! Cheers

Junglist_select,

Yea,virus . Okay..there is only one possible way to cure this ,i believe.
Remove your hard disk , connect it as slave to someother system and run a full virii scan/adware scan/spyware scan. Your system should be clean by now, reconnect the disc back to your system. It should work fine.

southernlady,

The fact is that
Type in password, my desktop flashes up for a second at the most then I get the logging off screen and it returns me to the log in screen again. This is the same for all users. Tried to enter in safe mode and the same happens.

He cant access safe mode, or normal mode. There is no way he can do a virus repair without logging in. So I suggested the above one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom