Working on 2 anciet computers

gamefreak98

Beta member
I have two anciet computers that I am trying to resurrect. One is a 433MHz Celeron with 384MB Ram, A Nvidia MX440 64MB AGP8X Card. ( Had the card laying around and thought it might alliveate the strain on its low-end processor.) Not to mention 2 10GB Hard Drives.

I just installed Windows XP Professional with SP3 and all-updates. I will be also be putting Office 2003 on this computer. I also put IE 7 on it since its less glitchy with educational sites than IE 8. Not to mention I'm running the Classic Windows Theme. ( Which causes black toolbars in IE8. ) Besides I'll probaly be using Google Chrome anyways.

I am looking for a good free antivirus for this. I'm probaly thinking of Microsoft Security Essentials or Avast! Free. Something that won't slow me down too much.

These two computers will be work computers. However I am quite suprisded how well Youtube Videos do on low quality.

The other computer which I'll work on next has a 400MHz Processor with 384MB Ram and 15GB Hard Drive. Both systems will have CD-Writers with Ashampoo Free Installed.

Honestly you cant really do much, youtube might even lagg. Best bet is to buy a new pc for the long run and less troublesome.

So, your asking what anti-virus to use?
I have comodo and thats fine for me but because your PC's are so so old many just use the windows inbuilt defender

Windows Defender is NOT an antivirus. It is a spyware app like spybot.

No i dont. Cause Windows Defender and Microsoft Security Essentials are 2 completely different things and MSE is NOT built into Windows at all. It is a seperate item that has to be downloaded and installed by the user.

It doesnt matter if I know what you meant. What about the next person who sees this thread via a Google or Bing Search? Will they know? What about the person after that? Just cause they are not active in this thread doesnt mean that they will understand. Be crystal clear with your answers and dont expect people to just know what you meant.

Yes I am that serious about support on site. You have to be clear and specific about what you mean. Assuming that people will know only makes you look bad.

Back
Top Bottom