Windows Security Center.AntiVirusOverride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triple-X

In Runtime
What is Windows Security Center.AntiVirusOverride? Spybot keeps on finding it, I used Registry Jumper to manually delete, but it keeps coming back. What is this, and how do I remove this?

I did a brief google of itr but didnt find much useful things. I can only suggest trying to delete it and running spyware removers like Ccleaner, S & D, Adaware, Microsoft Anti-spyware Beta. Just google those if you dont have them update them and then run them over and over. If that doesnt work its more serious than that.

Try running them in safe mode. I always have more luck removing those threats in safe mode.

Another thing is, is that when I delete it, and run S & D, it doesn't find anything. Then when I restart, a balloon pops up saying no antivirus software is installed from the windows security thing. Is that what creates it? I click that I'll monitor myself, and then S & D finds it again.

This is out of my league, you could probably do some googleing and spend a bit time doing that and you might find your answer but just be patient cos their is some ppl on this who are really good at this type of stuff. Hope you fix it.

that windows xp sp2 own antivirus check to see if u have one i believe. before i installed norton AT and IS i was getting thoses messages, that i ditn have a antivirus or firewall. after i isntalled norton it ask to disable thoses windows messages and i said yes. then no more messgaes.

This is no problem, it is not a threat. Most times. What it is, is that Microsoft's security center has noticed that you don't have an antivirus. But you can tell it that you have one that is monitored. When you do this Spybot will detect it incase some program changed it.

It happened with me too. I used ClamWin and becuase the Security center doesnt detect it it asks me. I scan with Spybot and removes it. Then every startup, Security Center says that there is no antivirus installed.

So if you have an antivirus that isnt detected by Windows security center then your ok, here is the list of ones it will detect:
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/viruses/wsc/en-us/flist.mspx

if you use avg. tell spybot to ignore it. it's because spybot s&d intergrates with IE., and scecurity centre. what shade 11 said is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom