"Windows Security Center"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total Immortal said:
This god damn program keeps popping up on my computer periodically, and it's driving me crazy. To be fair, it looks authentic, but the links that it provides to get rid of spyware look bogus. Either way, is there a way I can disable it?

I dont think you are messing with Windows Security Center. If it is providing you links to a site about spyware, those are just popups. If you have SP2 installed, and there is an update issued by Microsoft, there will be a small sheild in your taskbar periodically sending a popup to you telling you updates are ready to install. Then you can choose install or a custom install if you dont want some updates. But if your gettings links of any kind, thats not Microsoft. Did this answer your question?

Total Immortal said:
I primarily use OSX so I'm not as familiar with XP.
Oh, I see the problem. Since you're not familiar with something, it absolves you from having to make any effort on your own part. I'm sorry, I didn't know. :rolleyes:

Total Immortal said:
I am at home for a couple weeks fixing my father's computer (the machine running XP) which is WHY I came onto this forum asking for some advice on this.
That's fine. We're glad to help. I guess this should have been stated before (and it probably has) but, apparently unlike ALL other forums on the Web, we would like it if you searched TF first before clogging the TF with yet another post that has been heard and answered a dozen times over (at least). These messages don't get saved for nothing, ya-know. :confused:

Total Immortal said:
I didn't feel like trudging through Microsoft's shitty website, and figured someone could give me a quick answer on here.
Well I won't make any claims to the MS website being great (although a search took only 30 seconds to find the solution for this). If you didn't want to mess with Microsoft's website, what was stopping you from the rest?
1. Read the release documentation.
2. Read the help file.
3. Search the web.
4. Search TF.

Total Immortal said:
Thanks for nothing, pal.
Anytime.
Feel free to continue to post things without searching first, and I'll feel free to continue giving you grief. It's a great stress reliever. :) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom