Whats "The Bat" on Avast AV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZhengHe

In Runtime
Yeah, I was downloading Avast Antivirus and it gave an option in the download of including a program called "The Bat". Can anyone tell me what "The Bat" is? Thanks.

Not referring to the Bart CD download, I'm referring to when you install Avast Home Edition you have the option of installing something called the "The Bat", which you can find in Custom install during installation. Can you tell me what that is? I think it might execute as a Zip File or Something, because it works seperate from Avast it seems. At least it shows up as another Desktop Icon when installed.

I don't know what the BAT is at this time. I'll be looking to see if I can find out.

If you find out, or anyone else, please let us know what it is.

Dave :D

Yeah, just found out yesterday. I believe its an add on that lets it scan the bat email client for viruses.

When I downloaded Avast, it was greyed out so that it couldn't be checked. Probably because I don't have BAT.

ZhengHe, do you have BAT email client? I'm wondering, because that may be why you saw it as an option, but it was not an option on my install.

Dave :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom