what are these files...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdansjr

In Runtime
So after posting a hijack this log about a week ago, I was unable to connect to the internet. I also lost the ability to run AVG. My friend helped me reinstall XP, which is what i'm running. I was looking around tonight(i just got the computer back) and saw these files sitting in the C folder.

pmtimer.exe
makePNF.exe
DSPdsblr.exe

I googled them but an bringing up mixed results, some sites are showing me that they're malware, others say root-kits, yet some say they're not classified. Can anyone help?

Its a toss up. Does malwarebytes show anything? Combofix?

I am going to take a stab here, not sure how you or your buddy installed windows on your pc, but I see these files alot on pc's that had windows installed using custom install disks like those windows black editions. May just be something of that nature and rather harmless.
I am working on one right now that was done that way and malwarebytes, avast, and nod32 all ignore them files.

I am going to take a stab here, not sure how you or your buddy installed windows on your pc, but I see these files alot on pc's that had windows installed using custom install disks like those windows black editions. May just be something of that nature and rather harmless.
I am working on one right now that was done that way and malwarebytes, avast, and nod32 all ignore them files.

Isn't that like illegal? If you're gonna install something that is illegal why bother complain when there are weird files or mishaps :umm:. Also @ the OP, try the stuff Osiris said and post the results for him.

Isn't that like illegal? If you're gonna install something that is illegal why bother complain when there are weird files or mishaps :umm:. Also @ the OP, try the stuff Osiris said and post the results for him.

Pretty sure it is but does not seem to stop many.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom