What Antivirus should I use???

nheppeard

Baseband Member
Hi I'm just wondering what type of Antivirus free or paid people are really liking? I'm always told different, and I'd like to just have the same one on all my computers. Also I have avg pc tuneup and avgs free Antivirus on my Dell and it won't no matter what I do let me delete it off. Any help would be very appreciated...

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

I have avast on my other computer and I haven't had any problems. I tried the avg removal tool and it just pops up and says cannot remove, we have encountered a problem. This isn't the only app that won't delete on that computer and I have no idea why.

Just curious why Avira?? I want to put something on my new computer the origin eon17x that I can trust

I have avast on my other computer and I haven't had any problems. I tried the avg removal tool and it just pops up and says cannot remove, we have encountered a problem. This isn't the only app that won't delete on that computer and I have no idea why.

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode and then running the removal tool?

Just curious why Avira?? I want to put something on my new computer the origin eon17x that I can trust

Because it performs better. Read the Summary Report PDF in my previous post.

Over anything, common sense is the best protection you can have. I don't even run a separate AV, just the built-in Windows Defender on Win8.1, but I'm careful on what I download and where I navigate to. If I think I'll be going to some kind of shady site, I load up FireFox with NoScript/FlashBlock/Adblock all enabled and running.

I have not tried booting it into safe mode.... Ill do that and see what happens. Also Im gonna read that and maybe I'll use Avira then thanks.

I mean I don't download anything that I can think of that would hurt my computer. I try and keep it running as good as possible. My gf thought it would be a good idea to run to Antivirus at the same time. Bad idea....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom