weird memory usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

an51r

In Runtime
I am not sure if have a virus or not, avast came up empty. Adaware came up with about 20 registry entries under the name zango.I ran ccleaners registry cleaner and got nothing but a few dead installer references. Its odd as soon as i boot up my computer it is instantly using 25% of my memory(i have 2 gb) which is weird because when i do through my processes the biggest usage in there is svhost.exe at 24,488k which is minimal. If anyone could point me in the right direction in order to resolve this it would be very helpful. thanks
edit: ok now my comp just randomly reset itself, I also wanted to add i just put in a new power supply but doubt that could be it.

dunno exactly..but there are times when svchost would adjust its memory usage, especially when you run a memory demanding application like games...I've tried that before, that my memory was so low, but after running a game, it suddenly became high...i just dont know in your case...try a FreeRAM or anything similar to check your memory usage...but i dont suggest you using optimizers to modify startup programs unless you are a pro...about the reset, yeah maybe it's just with the power supply, or sadly the CPU fan...(if you are not using liquid cooling)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom