website thieves

Status
Not open for further replies.

buster4

Beta member
I run a hometown news and gossip web site. When I refused to post hatemail from one individual they began virus attacks as well as taking pictures and postings site and posting them on another site. I need to find out who is behind this so that they can be stopped. They mail me from hotmail accounts and use another web site who's host dosen't list their names. Any suggestions?

lo, yeah pm me, i can arrange a hit, where u live?

j/k
lol
u can prob do nothing really unless u wanna step over the law ;)

btw, virus attacks? how u know and u can just block his e-mail.

Thanks for the offer but it isn't realy needed. They don't call me buster for nothing. Who ever it is lives in my home county so if I can find out who I am dealing with then I can file a criminal complaint and let the sherriff deal with them.

Run a log of IP obtainees from your webserver. You can obtain an IP and then file it with their ISP. Unfortunatly, by law, the user doesn't have to give you any information about their name, address and any other personal info. But, also by law, the ISP....once suited with the complaint, they must contact the person. If you are lucky, he/she might freak out and allow the ISP to provide you with the information.

-Mike

Well if they have a domain name, you may wanna check what name it registered on =) Then you may wanna contact their Hosting Company - they supposevely will kill their web-site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom