W32/Saburex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingadilly

Baseband Member
Howdy all.

I'm looking for some more information on the above virus.

I run AntiVir personal edition (the free one) and have had no real problems with it up until about 2 weeks ago, when following an update it found trace of something it recognised as "W32/Saburex"

However it found it in a file that has been backed up and scanned for viruses previously and seemed ok.

I requested the virus info from the Antivir prog that found it. only to be told that no such virus exists on their database.

Next port of call i went straight to Good ole google. after entering the name as a search item i was asked if i meant "W32/Saberex"
Which i'm pretty sure i don't although i took a lookie at it anyhow.

There are some mentions of Saburex but most seem fairly obscure an or even spannish. One such sliver of info can be found at this page :http://alerta-antivirus.red.es/virus/detalle_virus.html?cod=6497

The detections are now in an increasing number of files as (i'm assuming) Saburex is doing its stuff. I'm not happy that the first file antivir found was indeed the cause of the Saburex virus and really really just want some more detail on what this virus is, what it does, how it does it and how i can be rid of it.

And how can Antivir not have info on a virus signature that it detected?

Any info much appreciated

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom