Viruses!

Status
Not open for further replies.

raiden_nrl

In Runtime
i am doing a virus scan and i have 10 viruses and still scanning. It says the only thing it can do is delete the files infected. Are these actual files that wernt infected before? Becuase if your are dleting actual files you need to run stuff... arnt u screwed? Or are they just copies of stuff that are infected?

depends on what kind of virus it is. Your best bet is to just backup important data and format cause even when you remove the files it just makes your system a little more unstable. Once those things are in they just are pests.

I always do a search on the file names that my AV finds infected to find out if they are important before i delete them.

You should try that, It can save alot of head aches.

If you have a DVD burner you should make frequent backups of your important data. Most viruses, excluding trojans, are usually located in your temp files, or backup files located in the windows directory. You should follow the path of the infected file to see where it is located. Most of the time you will be safe to delete the infected file and won't have any problems. For future protection from viruses, however, I would reccommend updating your virus software as often as possible to obtain the latest virus definitions and make sure it loads after each startup. McAfee is one of the better programs in my opinion, although others prefer Norton's line of AV products. In short, you should be ok deleting the files as long as the virus hasn't effected any major system files. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom