Virus Vault?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefragMyHead

In Runtime
What exactly happens to viruses when they get sent to the virus vault/chest, whatever. I used AVG for the longest time and am now using Avast! but neither one ever seems to heal the infected file; they always just get quarantined in the "vault" and I usually let the sit there for long time time until, for whatever reason decide to delete the source extension or whatver, I dont know if thats proper terminology. I guess my question is, are viruses in the vault completely neutralized? ...no longer threats?

i want to know this aswell.

Ive always thought anything that goes into the vault is still on your system and its just put there so you dont forget you have a virus and what type it is

Re:

Hello,

An antivirus quarantine or vault is a store where infected files are placed to prevent other programs from accessing it, and to prevent the infected files from multiplying on the drive.

Files which can't be repaired (uninfected) are placed in a quarantine. Files inside of a quarantine aren't threats to the system.

The problem with quarantines is that if an important system file becomes infected, and the antivirus program locks it away in a quarantine, your system may run into stability problems because files that the system is dependant on are missing, until those system files are repaired and or restored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom