Virus preventing me from opening websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

rynosims

Beta member
Well, this all started off trying to fix my wifes computer. I am in the AIr Force, and currently in New Mexico. My wife is in Florida, and she all of a sudden can not connect to the internet. Fine one day, nada the next. So, I was looking up some sites, and got the Antivirus XP 2008 crap. Fun. I'm running Norton Firewall, Antivirus enterprise editions, they are super, let me tell you! So, I am ready to smash this laptop to pieces. I found this site, and I have a feeling I can get this thing removed with all your help. I downloaded the Spyware removal Guide, and attempted to download the software. I can't get any page from Tech-Dump or Bleepingcomputer to open at all. IN fact, I am having a lot of problems with the whole web page redirection. Any links I click in Google or Yahoo searches get redirected. I can't open any Microsoft pages either. So, I was only able to download trsetup, msconfig cleanup, cleanup452, and ccsetup. That's it. Is there anywhere else I can get the rest of those files? I don't want to start using the guide if I don't have the right stuff.
Thank You!
Daniel

Since you have those downloaded go to start, run, type Msconfig and press ok. Then go to the startup tab and click disable all. Make sure you recheck Norton Antivirus. Now don't reboot just yet. Run ccleaner and cleanup and then reboot. Then try to access those sites. Then download Malware Bytes http://www.malwarebytes.org/ if you can and run that. Then try to post a hijackthis log. Let us know what you can and can't do and we will work from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom