Virus in my Windows Surface RT?

UnknownUsername

Beta member
Okay so I'm not a computer genius, but I was on my tablet today and a window popped up telling me my computer was infected and I had to clean my system to continue. So I went through the steps and thought I would be fine to go on. But it keeps telling me to do the same thing, like it's not working when I clean it out or something? Idk. I know it's hard to get a virus on these things because the virus would have to be made specifically for windows, but I need help to remove it. I've heard that these pop-ups are just bogus and to just ignore them, but every time I try to get on the internet, it tells me to clean my system to continue. The detected items are "Trojan-PSW.Win32.launch", "HackTool:Win32/Welevate.A", and "Adware.Win32.Fraud". All of these day the alert level is critical and that they are active. Help?!

Erm... what exactly is it that's popping up? I 100% guarantee THAT'S the virus. It's telling you to remove "viruses" that don't exist and trying to get you to purchase the bogus anti-virus.

I'm not too familiar with Windows RT... so... I'm going to guess at what to do here and hope it's very similar to normal Windows 8.

Can you open up Task Manager to go to the Startup tab and see if any entries are suspicious looking? Also, in task manager, can you find the process that the fake AV is running and kill it?

It's a warning from my computer system saying that there are some potential threats to my computer and that I need to clean my system to prevent any kind of infection in the system. I have no idea what it's talking about, but I can only get on the internet in the desktop view on the tablet (it's the tablet that has a connectable keyboard and turns into a laptop).

Back
Top Bottom